Reality Under Seige

The reality that once I lived in, whereby most Malaysians do not have a good impression on games (computer and console games) and thought of it as a barrier towards leading a successful life. But I was in for a shock as lately that reality once I lived in has become a fake. My Blog is dedicated on my process to find out the true mindsets (views) of Malaysians towards games.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, W. Perseketuan, Malaysia

Weird... Thats What I Think About Myself...

Monday, February 21, 2005

The Undefined Destiny

Today has been a very uneventful day (I would rather call it a disaster as I had to finish all my credit calling people and asking them on their views on games) for the games foundation assignment as almost all the people I had zeroed in to call today on their opinion towards games had been either busy or unavailable. But on the brighter side of the day I was chatting with one of my dad’s old friend (between, this guy is a doctor in Malacca’s Pantai Hospital), and he had some pretty interesting views to voice out on this particular topic on gaming and it’s effects on the world currently.

According to him, when it comes down to games, he personally thinks it is very important in the growth of a particular individual mentally and mankind as a hold.

1. coordination of different part of the human body – most common example has been the hand and eye coordination.

2. enhance one’s decision power – there are many part of the game where a gamer has to decide their next move in a split second, and this strength will enhance their ability to decide in real life.

3. improves creativity and imagination – games have always been a virtual world where a gamer can do many things which can’t be really done logically in the real world, and this helps a particular character to think outside their own surroundings to come up with something different and profitable in the future.

4. improves individual self belief – gaming has become professional in most of the first world countries (countries such as United Kingdom and the US), gaming has brought a sense of pride and the feelings of actually achieving something in life, such as winning a console game soccer tournament when a person could not really play soccer.

5. economical growth – gaming market has also proved to be one of the most respected, anticipated and financially stable market in some countries.

After listening a very boring but knowledgeable lecture from a doctor, I asked him my last question, will he allow his kids to play games. To my surprise, his answer was no. After all the things this man explained to me with every detail he could possibly have given, why did he say no? Well, his answer was simple, if I allow my child to play computer games, they will waste their time on it rather then having healthy activities such as sports or having a social rapport and interaction with the community which is more important to be a better person in life (in short I would say waste of time rather then giving me an interview).

Actually we had a longer conversation, but then my laptop crashed and my yahoo archive was not activated (I just reformatted my laptop on Friday night) and I too kind of forgot many details of the conversation and the rest I have put in my own word (PS: sorry if there are any mistakes and sorry again for losing many important details).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Calendar from Bravenet.com Free Calendar from Bravenet.com