Reality Under Seige

The reality that once I lived in, whereby most Malaysians do not have a good impression on games (computer and console games) and thought of it as a barrier towards leading a successful life. But I was in for a shock as lately that reality once I lived in has become a fake. My Blog is dedicated on my process to find out the true mindsets (views) of Malaysians towards games.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, W. Perseketuan, Malaysia

Weird... Thats What I Think About Myself...

Friday, February 25, 2005

Slightly Out of Focus

Asking people on their mindset towards games is starting to take its toll over me since I am a guy who gets bored very fast if the same thing is being repeated all over again everywhere I go. So, for this post I would like to talk about an experience I call, an uncle turns hardcore gamer experience that I went through during my one year stay in Malacca with him and his family.

During my first few weeks in Malacca, I was really missing home in Malacca as I wasn’t really close to anyone in Malacca (not even my uncle). In order to divert my mind to something that interest me (yes, this was the time when I got a brand new laptop as everyone knows why, “Morrowind”). Whereas, my uncle is a family man for whom his family and work life comes as the most important agenda in his life. I played that particular game with full concentration day in day out. This situation made my uncle curious to find out as to why I was playing a game so attentively. So, one night he called me to come and talk with him in the living room. He told me he wanted to find out first hand, what really attracted me towards a mere computer game. So, I told him to try playing the game. I thought him all the game moves possible and how the game world works. He tried playing the Morrowind. To my surprise, he got addicted with it just like me.

In fact, he completely became a hardcore Morrowind gamer after that day. The only thing he did was playing Morrowind without looking at the time, forgetting his wife, child and work. His timing was in disarray. Till one day (according to my aunty) they had a fight. I don’t really know what happen that particular night, as I wasn’t there, but my uncle just stopped playing Morrowind. I don't know whether this was my mistake or it wasn’t, but the one thing I do hope is my aunty forgiving me on this experience she had to go through. Even then, I still do think if my uncle wants to be a professional gamer, he has the capability to be right up there among the best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Calendar from Bravenet.com Free Calendar from Bravenet.com