Reality Under Seige

The reality that once I lived in, whereby most Malaysians do not have a good impression on games (computer and console games) and thought of it as a barrier towards leading a successful life. But I was in for a shock as lately that reality once I lived in has become a fake. My Blog is dedicated on my process to find out the true mindsets (views) of Malaysians towards games.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, W. Perseketuan, Malaysia

Weird... Thats What I Think About Myself...

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Accusation

Recently, I was introduced to a girl (a form 4 student) from south of Malaysia (which part of the south, I don’t really know) in an online chat room by a close friend of mine. While, talking to her, I started a conversation on games with her, and thought I could well find some interesting views from her towards this particular topic. I soon found out, I finally met someone who hated games so much. According to her while computer has become the most important tool for the current lifestyle of advance technologies in our society, games has been the negative influence on our society in almost every angle. Why does she think so?

  • money wasting (spending money to play games in cyber-café’s and buying a game install compact disc or consoles)
  • time wasting (skipping schools and neglecting studies)
  • adopting a wild lifestyle (if money was a problem, then, a gamer could resort to stealing and etc).

Anyways, does she respect games amidst this accusations (I would say false accusations) towards games? Unsurprisingly, her answer was no. Why no? Well, her answer was pretty straightforward, because she thinks that there should not have been violent games as it corrupts its gamer’s minds and guide them one step closer towards violence (I guess she has no idea that there are many different genre’s in games other then violence). She also added that, she does not respect games developers too, because they prefer developing games on violence as their genre’s rather then peace (thank god she didn’t know that I am doing a course on games developing).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Calendar from Bravenet.com Free Calendar from Bravenet.com