Reality Under Seige

The reality that once I lived in, whereby most Malaysians do not have a good impression on games (computer and console games) and thought of it as a barrier towards leading a successful life. But I was in for a shock as lately that reality once I lived in has become a fake. My Blog is dedicated on my process to find out the true mindsets (views) of Malaysians towards games.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, W. Perseketuan, Malaysia

Weird... Thats What I Think About Myself...

Sunday, March 13, 2005

Underneath the Rug

Yesterday, after having a horrible morning (going through a lab test and receiving a huge 0 for it), I decided to get out of my personal depression and have some fun. So, I decided to join my friends (all Multimedia University students) for a Saturday night clubbing at Bangsar. By, the time we all finished our clubbing ritual the clock was showing 2.30 am, and most of my friends were drunk (but not me coz I don’t drink). Once, we were all out on the road, my silly mind started to play tricks again (since I might not get a clear view of games from my friends when they are sober, why don’t ask them when they are drunk). I chose one of my friend randomly (wouldn’t want to reveal his name) and brought him to one corner and asked him on his views towards games. He feels that it is completely no use to play games as we Malaysians and generally MMU students have no time at all to play games. We are pressured to please our parents with good grades, getting good job’s, settling down with a beautiful wife, have some kids and leave happily ever after but they keep forgetting that entertainment is a very vital part of our growth and without it there will always be a loop hole in our growth. This single pressure has been the biggest factor which has caused us to stray.

By now, I was thinking what a drunken friend would be thinking of game developers. He thinks that, game developers should be brought to public gatherings to be tortured and killed alive (Ouch! he is pretty harsh isn’t he). Some of them might have created master pieces in gaming world, but they lack in one dimension, explaining to our parents of the importance of games in our lives. This lack of knowledge has built a relational gap of understanding between parents and their child. What about his child, will he give them the space he craves about? He thinks that, why should he suffer this parental flaw alone, his child should also feel exactly what he feels now and therefore will treat them exactly as how he is being treated without any difference (I thank god my parents have always given me my rights to decide on games, and hopefully this space will be felt by my children’s).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Calendar from Bravenet.com Free Calendar from Bravenet.com