Reality Under Seige

The reality that once I lived in, whereby most Malaysians do not have a good impression on games (computer and console games) and thought of it as a barrier towards leading a successful life. But I was in for a shock as lately that reality once I lived in has become a fake. My Blog is dedicated on my process to find out the true mindsets (views) of Malaysians towards games.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, W. Perseketuan, Malaysia

Weird... Thats What I Think About Myself...

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Response from the Field

The Reason
To see the response of people who are counted adults (in short, elder then me) after playing a computer game (they do not know why I asked them to play a game so that I could get a neutral view).

The Chosen People
People around my housing area in Bangsar and Bukit Beruang.

The Chosen Game and Reason

As you all know, on my previous post, I said that I chose Counter-Strike: Condition Zero, because it’s a low requirement game and it has a game tutorial for starters who doesn’t know how to play the game (which is what we are going to let them play).

The Negative Response

These are the negative response I got from people before playing this game.

  • computer is not my cup of tea.
  • want to lead a good example to their kids by not playing computer games.
  • my father just passed away.
  • our age to play games has passed.
  • i don’t want to waste my time on games.
  • i am too busy.
  • games are for kids.
  • there is nothing for me to gain from games.

There were more, but I lost the note I made, I am so sorry.

The Positive Response

These responses are from the people who agreed to play this game after actually experiencing it.

  • improves reflex actions.
  • improves computer knowledge of some part of the society who doesn’t know how to use a computer.
  • this game gives army training.
  • releases tensions.
  • gives some entertainment time other then movies and songs at home.
  • increases activeness of mind.
  • give me a month and I will challenge you in this game (mom, you are great).
  • would like to increase our knowledge in games.
  • where and at what price can I buy a game for myself?

Rest, I kind of loss the paper, sorry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Calendar from Bravenet.com Free Calendar from Bravenet.com